I thought I would finally "jump in" and make pincushions as holiday gifts. I have seen some really sweet one's on Wendy's blog and thought I would be a copy cat and make some myself.
I used my Bernina Embroidery software to design these little gems.
I took the opportunity to experiment with the software. It was fun to try and come up with various embroidery designs that would be suitable for this project. Lots of learning was going on today!
DD fell in love with the lady bug one!
I decided to forgo the yoyos and use some buttons from my collection. I have never made yoyos and with all the learning going on today, I didn't need another challenge! lol
The stuffing used is either recycled wool or cotton batting. There's nothing like creating with the environment in mind! ;o)
For this pincushion I used walnut shells as the filling, or as the pet store calls it "Bird Litter". lol
Darlene had recommended this product a while back. This is what she uses in her pincushions. The oil from the shells conditions the needles.
I did not like how it looked with the wrapped thread. I had a difficult time obtaining a firm cushion. The lack of filling was probably the cause of funky look! So I settled for just buttons as embellishment!
Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are always a joy to read!