At last, I have finished Carolyn's quilt, Funky Horse Pasture. This is a good thing as my daughter has a horseback riding lesson this afternoon. There isn't much to say except that this quilt was plagued with cutting mistakes. Perhaps I'm being dramatic here, but from the borders on end, I just didn't have my act together with my ruler and rotary cutter.
The rule check once and cut twice can be applied here. I manage to cut the binding not as wide as my liking and only became aware of this as I was hand sewing saying, "Geez self, this is a short fold over!" I like cutting the strips three (3) inches wide, as it gives me more play in the back. This time I cut them two and a half (2 1/2) inches. It's not like I didn't have enough fabric. The binding came from the six (6) inches border strips that should have been cut six and one half (6 1/2). I have these one (1) inch strips left over. As I cut the binding I kept looking at my left overs as if they were some freakish objects. Even if it would have dawned on me after I had cut the first strip, I wouldn't have been able to correct it by then anyway. I barely had enough fabric for the binding. Perhaps it was a survival mechanism! lol
The machine quilting is nothing spectacular. I did an all over meandering. I find that it works well with this type of pattern. In my opinion, the fabric makes this pattern.
Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. Have a great day!