I decided to attempt the Spruce Sprig mitten pattern from the book Maja's Swedish Mittens by Maja Karlsson.
If you recall, my second attempt was using Jamison & Smith yarn. They did not feel warm and cosy, which was due to the size of the needles.
Third attempt, I went back to the original yarn I had purchased from Nova Scotia many many many moons ago and for the green I held it double using Rauma Garn Finull PT 2 (4130) and Kidsilk Haze in Jelly (597).
Pattern wise, I made the mistake of not reading the instructions for the left mitten, which has you reading the chart from left to right. I was way too far into the mitten to frog and decided to let it be. I don't know what the difference would be ... and it's ok. I'm good with how they turned out.
As for the thumb instruction, I did not follow the pattern but did it differently. I tried the pattern's method on the second attempt and could not figure out how to catch the stitch properly. I reverted to using a true and tried method.
Thanks for stopping by.