Aside from being generally pooped due to health issues, which I am happy to say that I am slowly but surely recovering, I have been busy organizing a quilting workshop for my daughter's Girl Scout troop. I needed to tailor the workshop so that the girls would would earn the "Sew Much Fun" badge. I've been thinking about a project for quite some time and decided to keep my original plan to do a nine patch block that could be turned into either a small pillow or a pot holder.
Thursday I spend some time in my stash closet, trying to decided what fabrics I wanted to part with. Gosh that was hard! That's like asking someone to donate so many of their favorite clothing outfits. It took me forever to come up with enough fabric combinations for the class. I said my farewell and proceeded to cut up strips, backing and batting.
I thought this workshop would provide a wonderful opportunity for me to learn how to write a quilting pattern/instruction using EQ6 software. Friday morning was spent attempting to figure how to do this. After an hour, I gave up in total frustration and used QuiltPro 5, which was much more user friendly and I didn't have to read the manual. Bonus!
Saturday morning I packed everything that would be needed and lugged it all as well as three (3) sewing machines to the meeting place. If that wasn't enough, I had to bring my embroidery module and my laptop for one of the requirements.
From 10:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. I was busy running around like a chicken with her head cut off. Thank goodness one (1) parent and the other two (2) leaders were there to help with this. It was really wonderful to see their choices for color combinations. The girls all felt that it was a great workshop and they had a wonderful time.
Afterwards it was pack the car and head back home to put everything away. I didn't have one drop of energy left. To re-energize myself I worked a bit in my sewing room, just sort of puttering around. The room actually ended up slowly getting picked up and I will say looks much cleaner than the last time.
I haven't been able to work on the Wildberry BOM. I would like to have part two (2) of the pattern put together for my "Girls Night In" at the LQS this coming Friday. I decided that I wasn't going to lug any more machines for a while. I'll let you know how the evening turns out!
Thanks for taking the time to read my blog.