Did I mention I was dwelling in machine embroidery? Well, I've been experimenting and have just gotten over my fear of stabilizers. You have to understand, when ever the word stabilizer came up, I'd break out into cold seat. But, I'm glad to announce that I have mastered my fears. Hey, I'm even comfortable with the Bernina Designer Plus V5 software.
Here is a prototype of my future cherry block. I just love cherries and am working on an Irish chain that will have every other block center with cherries. I think it still needs some tweaking, but that may just be my perfectionism getting in the way.
There's a tad of puckering going on around the left stem. I've used three (3) sheets of stabilizer. I also tried with four (4), one layer using Hydro-stick (OESD) and I found it was worse. It could just very well be the hydro-stick that made it worse on my four (4) stabilizer experiment. I swear hydro as it in for me! I have never been able to get that stabilizer to work right for me! Pucker city all the way!
I don't know if I want to make dark or red cherries. I saw a picture on Sharon's blog Red Geranium Cottage of a bowl of cherries and just loved the light and dark colours. Perhaps I can have one of the cherries dark and the other a little lighter. I placed an order for more Isacord thread. I guess 130 colours just are not enough! I used the colours beet red and poinsettia on this block. I ordered a cherry red! Maybe that will finally do it!
I want to thank you for visiting my blog. It means a lot to me. I enjoy reading your comments. Thank you!